Saturday, July 6, 2013

A day in Aomori Part 2: The aquarium!

When we got to Aomori, our first stop was the aquarium.

Aquarium Asamushi is pretty darn cool.

It was $10.00 admission for each adult, and let me tell you, we all agreed it was worth every penny of $10.

We went on a weekday so it wasn't crowded at all. I highly recommend doing that if you decide to go.

I'll start with my favorite part of the aquarium.
The dolphins. The really cute dolphins.
There was a small room where you can watch feeding time and get super close to these happy guys. This was included in admission, which we all thought was pretty cool. I mean, look how excited I am.


The trainers went around the circle to each group in the audience for everyone to get a closer look.We were so close we could probably reach out and touch them. (Though absolutely no one, and no child tried to. This is a very respectful culture.) The trainers also had them do tricks and spoke to the crowd. I'm sure they said a lot of fascinating dolphin stuff/facts. But we don't understand Japanese. Either way, it was really, really special. 


After the show was finished, we walked downstairs where you could see the dolphins underwater. There was a mother with a baby and one of the dolphins just stayed close to them and entertained the kid. It was amazing to see. It must've liked children. They're such beautiful animals.





I really should have gotten better pictures, but we were having too much fun. I just forgot to take them at good moments!

There were so many other really interesting animals there. As soon as you walk into the aquarium, there is a large tank full of giant sea turtles. I had never seen any in person. They are so majestic. And really, really huge.

There were also sea lions.
Not gonna lie. This was kind of awkward. Totally not into me.



The cuttle fish was awesome. It flashed colors at us. I thought I took a wicked video, but it turns out I didn't. So that sucks. But, heres a really mediocre picture. 


There was plenty more. Like I said, definitely worth $10.00.

The aquarium also has a restaurant, and gift shop. The gift shop is full of really neat things.

For example.




There were a few photo booths and I got Bear to go in one with me! Super kawaii!



And, I will leave you with this gem. 



Happy travels! 


2 comments:

  1. It looks like a fun place to go. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's a great place for a day trip!

    ReplyDelete